The “Corporation” is the piece of land that lies between Bostock Lane and the road from Parker’s corner to Mayridge Farm. The Borough and Corporation of Reading owned several pieces of land in the common fields and in the 1774 reorganisation of the Great Field this part was allocated to the Corporation of Reading, subsequently confirmed by the enclosure Act of 1829.
This picture shows "the Corporation" to the right of the road running away from the camera. The road is an early 20th century addition and in the aerial photograph of the late 1950s can clearly be seen still to be a gravel track.
Another view from a different direction. The house just visible at the right is the one at the far end of the road in the other picture.
© 2019 Richard J Smith